Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Double cream 300
- Milk 250 g
- Vanilla powder pinch
- Egg yolks 6
- Caster sugar 75 g
- In a heavy based sauce pan add milk, heavy cream and vanilla powder. Bring it to a simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- Constantly whisking ,pour the simmering milk and cream onto yolks.
- Return to the pan and place back on the heat and cook to 82 C(sterilize)
- Immediately remove from the heat and pass through a fine chinos.
- Cover with clingfilm directly on top of it and let it cool.
- Churn in the ice-cream churner until smooth then freeze for a further 5 hours.
Caramel Ice Cream:
Use 100 g of caster sugar and caramelize in the pan before adding the cream and milk.
Chocolate Ice Cream:
Reduce the caster sugar to 50 g and stir in 100 g dark chocolate after the custard has cooked out to 82 C.
Fruit Ice Cream:
Add the relevant unsweetened fruit puree to the cooked custard.Add to taste.
Spice/Coffee Ice Cream:
Add the relevant spice or instant coffee powder to the cream and milk when heating. Remove from heat and allow to infuse for 10 minutes before re-heating and proceeding as vanilla ice cream.