Pâte sucrée (Sweet Shortcrust Pastry) Recipe
Sweet shortcrust pastry. How to make the dough with creaming method and how to perfectly line and bake tarts. With these tart shells you can make any of your favorite tarts like lemon tart, chocolate tart, blueberry tart, strawberry tart etc.
Serving-Makes one 9 inch.(23cm) Tart Base to serve 6
Active time-15 minutes
Chilling time-2 hours
Storage-Up to 3 days in the fridge,well covered.
- Butter 3 tbsp (1.75 oz/50 g) (Diced,Room temperature)
- Confectioners Sugar, sifted 1/3 cup (1.75 oz/50 g)
- Egg 2 tbsp (1 oz/30 g) about 1 egg
- Salt 1/8 tsp (0.5 g)
- Flour, sifted 1 cup (4.5 oz/125 g)
- Whisk the butter in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Add the confectioners sugar.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Combine the egg and salt and whisk into mixture.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Turn out the dough onto the work surface and finish combining the ingredients,using your hand and a pastry scraper, until you have a smooth dough.
- Shape into a flat disk,cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- The Butter needs to be soft but not melting.
- Before using the dough allow it to rest for at least 2 hours.