For Macarons List 1
- Ground Almonds 260 g
- Icing Sugar 260 g
- Egg whites 90 g
- Caster sugar 200 g
- Egg whites 100 g
- Red colour as required
For White chocolate filling List 2
- White chocolate 200 g
- Double cream 90 g
For Rasberry filling List 3
- Raspberry puree 500 g
- Agar Agar 4 g
- For Macaron shells. Heat sugar and some water in a pan until reaches 118 C. Mean while in a stand mixer whisk 100 g egg whites until foamy. Now when sugar reaches to 118 C, pour it over egg whites.
- Keep whisking until mixture has stiff peaks and is cool to touch.
- Shift 260 g Icing sugar and 260 g ground almonds.
- Add in 90 g egg whites and colour.
- Mix well with a rubber spatula or with a paddle attachment in a stand mixer.
- Now fold in the egg whites in 3 batches.
- Pipe on a parchment paper.
- Let them rest for 10-15 minutes or until skin form on top of macarons and they are no more sticky to touch.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 155 C for 12 minutes.
- Open the oven, let the steam out , check macarons if not ready bake again for 2-3 minutes until done.
- Let the macaron cool on the same tray they baked.
- Now for white chocolate ganache filling, boil 90 ml cream, add in chocolate, mix until smooth.
- Let it cool. then pipe on macaron when its set.
- For raspberry filling, boil raspberry puree with agar agar for 1 minute. Let it cool and set.
- Blend it then sieve from a fine sieve.
- Fill in a squeeze bottle or in a piping bag. Keep in fridge until pipe.
- Now fill the macaron first with chocolate ganache pipe a round on the edge of macaron then fill the middle with raspberry filling. Cover with other macaron shell.
- For decoration, melt white chocolate, fill in a piping bag and pipe over macarons. dust with edible gold dust and sprinkle freeze dried raspberries on top.
- Chill in fridge before serving.