Raspberry Dark Chocolate Religieuses
- Choux Craquelin List 1
60 g Butter
75 g Light brown sugar
75 g All-purpose flour
a pinch Salt
- Red food coloring as required
- Choux pastry List 2
125 g Water
125 g Milk
125 g Butter unsalted
1/2 tsp Salt
10 g Sugar
150 g Plain flour
5 Large Eggs (Add 1 more if needed)
Raspberry Gel List 3
- Raspberry puree 500 g
- Agar Agar 5 g
Raspberry Cream filling List 4
- Double cream 500 g
- Caster sugar 2 tbsp
- Raspberry gel 3-4 tbsp
Dark Chocolate Ganache List 5
- Dark chocolate 200 g
- Double cream 100 g
- Fresh Raspberries as required
- Edible Gold Dust
- Add all craquelin list 1 ingredients in a food processor and run it until combine.
- Form it into a ball, flat it with hands and keep it in between 2 parchment papers.
- Roll it very thin and freeze it.
- After nicely freezing we will cut round disks of it and place them on our piped choux pastry.
- For choux pastry, gather all ingredients at one place. Put eggs in a bowl or small cup, beat with fork to combine them.
- In a saucepan add water, milk, salt, sugar and butter from list 2.
- Heat it until full boil and butter melts in it.
- Turn off the heat and add in flour from list 2
- Turn on the heat again and stir vigorously.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms into a ball shape.
- Now put the mixture into a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment and it until all steam evaporate and mixture is slightly cool.
- Now while the mixer running on medium, add in eggs 1 by 1.
- Keep adding eggs until you see this thick and dropping consistency.
- Now pipe it or with a contact clingfilm keep it in the fridge for 2 hours. This will ensure better piping and good end result
- Pipe small and big choux on a baking mat or parchment.
- Cut small and big craquelin with a round cutter.
- Keep all craquelin on the piped choux.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minute,then turn off the oven and open the oven door a little and keep them inside for 10 minutes.
The choux baking time depends on size of piped choux pastry. If your piped choux are big then bake them 30 minutes and turn of the oven and keep them inside for 10 minutes.
- Now let the cooked choux cool .
For chocolate ganache from list 5 Heat cream until 1 boil, turn off the heat add in chocolate , mix well. Let it cool. We will pipe it as a decoration when its set.
- For raspberry gel from list 3 mix raspberry puree and agar agar. Let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Pour it on a tray. Let it cool. When its cool and set. Blend it nicely in a blender. Pass it through a fine sieve. Keep it in a squeeze bottle or piping bag, reserve in fridge until use.
- Now for the cream filling from list 4 beat double cream , caster sugar and raspberry gel until stiff peaks.
- Fill the choux with fresh raspberries, raspberry puree and cream filling.
- Place small choux on big choux. Pipe chocolate ganache in between 2 choux to stick them properly.
- Pipe chocolate ganache with small star nozzel around the 2 choux.
- Pipe a dot on top choux and place half Raspberry on top. Dust it with edible gold dust.
- Keep in fridge until serve.