Lemon Tart Recipe
French-Style Lemon Tart recipe. An easy and basic lemon tart recipe.
Serves : 6
Storage : Up to 3 days in the refrigerator
- Sweet Short Pastry 250 g
- Fresh lemon juice 150 ml (2/3 cup)
- Whole eggs 150 g/5.25 oz (2/3 cup) (about 3 eggs)
- Sugar 120 g/4.25 oz (2/3 cup)
- Gelatin 1-1/2 sheet (3 g)
- Butter softened 75 g/2.5 oz (5 tbsp)
- Prepare the tart shells with Sweet shortcrust pastry (Recipe Here)
- Put the lemon juice, eggs, sugar in a heat proof mixing bowl and stand the bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Whisk continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water.
- When the lemon mixture reaches 140 F(60 C) remove the bowl from heat.
- Squeeze the water from the gelatin sheets and stir it in until dissolved.
- Stir in the softened butter and process with the hand blender until smooth.
- Fill the tart cases and keep in fridge for 2-3 hours.