Baked Dahi Vada/ No Fry Dahi vada/ Low Calorie Dahi vada
Baked Dahi Vada/ No Fry Dahi vada/ Low Calorie Dahi vada! Say it whatever you like and it tastes as amazing as normal fried dahi vadas. They are soft ,fluffy and best thing about them is they are 50 calorie per serving. What else you want in a low calorie diet. You can freeze them and microwave them 50 seconds before use. They will be delicious as fresh.
Dahi Vada or Dahi Bhalla is lentil dumpling soaked in spiced yogurt sauce served with onion,tomato, chilies and different chatnies like imli, mint etc
What I usually do is I make and freeze them and whenever I need a chatpati thing during my low calorie diet, I make yogurt in a runny consistency with black rock salt and chat masala, onion, tomato. Then put 1 vada in it. and that is it. almost 110 calorie evening snack.
Now let’s see how I made these.
Serving: Makes 12
List 1 For Vadas,
- Urad Lentil/Dal 200 g
- Onion 1 medium or 50 g
- Garlic clove 2
- Ginger 1 inch piece or 6 g
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder 1 tsp
- Whole Cumin 1 tsp
- Soda bicarbonate 1 tsp
List 2 Other Ingredients,
- Yogurt as required
- Black rock salt as required
- Chat Masala as required
- Red chili powder
- Fresh green chili and coriander
- Soak Urad dal/lentil for 7-8 hours in water.
- Throw all water then grind it fine with 1/2 cup water, onion, garlic, ginger,red chili powder and cumin.
- Now add in salt and soda bicarbonate.
- Mix well.
- Prepare the cupcake tins or silicone molds. Grease them with oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp heaped of this mixture into each circle.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for almost 16-17 minutes.
- Check with cake skewer, if it comes out clean then it is done.
- Now let them cool completely before taking out of the mold.
- Make yogurt with black rock salt, chili powder, chat masala, chopped onion, tomato, green chilies and coriander.
- Pour it over baked vada.
- Done 🙂