Quick beef haleem, in pressure cooker .Making haleem is not easy, it takes a lot of time and effort . So I made it in easy and quick way,In traditional haleem method we have to soak all lentils and wheat over night but I used crushed wheat in it so its easy to cook it and no need to soak it for long… and also they cook meat and lentils separately but I cook them together then take out the meat and chop it…..so for me its really easy and quick, hope this method works for all of you as well 🙂
Serving = 5-6
Boneless beef 500 g
crushed wheat 1 cup
channa dal 1/2 cup
mash dal 1/8 cup
masoor dal 1/8 cup
mong dal 1/8 cup
ginger garlic paste 3 tbsp heaped
yogurt 1 cup
onion 3 medium
oil 1/2 cup
salt 2 tsp or as required
turmeric 1 tsp
red chili powder 1-1/2 tbsp
garam masala powder 1 tbsp
chat masala powder 2 tbsp
fresh green chili
fresh fried brown onion
1. I am using this crushed wheat for my haleem.
2. Take all lentils and wheat in a bowl.
3.Soak for 1 hour.
4. Take pressure cooker, add 1 cup oil and 3 finely sliced onions, cook them on medium heat until lightly brown.
5. Now add meat, salt,turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powdr, ginger garlic paste.
6. Stir it for 4-5 minutes…do not burn the spices, if you feel its burning add some water and again stir it.
7. Now add yogurt, stir.
8. Add 4 glasses of water and let it boil…then add all soaked lentils and wheat… make sure you have a big size pressure cooker.
9. Now give it 15 minutes pressure…open it , stir…check if it needs more water then add in…. and again give it 15 minutes pressure…again open it.
10. Take out meat ,keep on chopping board….and with help of a knife chop it. and put it again in haleem.
11. Add chat masala…taste salt ,add more if needed…. now stir it with a wooden spoon and mash hardly for 5-10 minutes…. again give it 5 minutes pressure and done .
12. Chop all garnishing ingredients, julian cut ginger, use freshly fried onions.
serve hot , enjoy 🙂
Quick beef haleem