Chocolate Macaroons Recipe
- Almond meal 120 g
- Powdered sugar 200 g
- Unsweetened dark cocoa powder 20 g
- Egg whites 100 g (room temperature)
- Caster sugar 30 g
- Cream of tarter 2 g
- Dark red food colour few drops
- Nutella or any chocolate spread 60 g
- Dark chocolate 60 g
- Heavy cream 160 ml
- Heat oven at 100 C. Dry almond meal on a parchment paper in it for 30 minutes. Take out and cool.
- In a food processor add almond meal, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Pulse for 20 seconds.
- Sieve it from a fine sieve. Set a side.
- In a clean bowl of a stand mixer add egg whites and cream of tarter.
- Start whisking until foamy then add 1/3 of caster sugar and keep whisking for almost 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the remaining caster sugar and whisk on high speed for 1 minute.
- Add food colouring, give it a final whisk.
- Add in sifted almond meal, icing sugar and cocoa powder. Fold it with spatula until mix.
- Then keep folding it until the batter is shiny and fall from the spatula in ribbons.
- Fill in the pastry bag fitted with 10 mm round tip.
- Pipe on to macaroons baking sheet or silicone molds.
- Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Then bake them at 150 C for 13-14 minutes.
- Take out and let them cool completely before taking off from mat.
- Now for filling, heat double cream until slightly simmer. Take off from heat.Add in nutella and chocolate.
- Mix well and let cool in fridge until thick.
- Pipe in macaroons.