Shortbread is one of my favorite biscuit treats. This shortbread recipe is super easy to make and always tastes great!
Shortbread biscuits are a classic, timeless treat enjoyed by all ages. They are simple to make, yet their flavor and texture are truly unique. Rich and buttery, with a hint of sweetness and a crumbly texture – it’s no wonder they remain popular today! Shortbread biscuits have been around for centuries, originating in Scotland in the 16th century. Nowadays, you can find them in many countries around the world, each with their own twist on the original recipe.
Shortbread Video Recipe
- Plain flour 175 g
- Caster Sugar 75 g
- semolina 75 g
- Unsalted Butter 175 g (Room temperature)
- Preheat oven at 150 C.
- Grease 20 cm/ 7 inch round pan with butter. Line with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix it with hands until resembles bread crumbs or mix it in a stand mixer with paddle attachment for 3-4 minutes.(mixing time also depends on your butter temperature , if butter is too soft this will mix quicker)
- Shape the mixture in a ball
- Place the ball in greased and lined pan.
- Press with fingers.
- Smooth the top with a spoon
- Prick with fork and give fork marks on sides.
- Now bake on 150 C for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out from the oven,cool it for 10 minutes now cut into desired pieces when its still warm.
- Let it cool completely then take out from pan.