Steamed Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Steamed chocolate Pudding is in British most favorite desserts. This recipe is very simple and easy. A light and chocolaty dessert served with chocolate ganache and rasberry custard. Nothing is better than this 🙂 . I am honored and thank full to have this recipe from my Chef lecturer Scott.
Follow the recipe as it is and you will know how perfect and delicious it is.
Serving : 6-7
- Caster sugar 5 oz
- unsalted butter 10 oz
- Eggs 3
- Plain soft flour 7 oz
- Coco powder 1 oz
- Baking powder 1/4 oz
- Milk 2 oz
- Lemon zest or orange zest 1 tbsp
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 by 1 until fully incorporated. Add lemon zest.
- Add the flour,coco powder and baking powder and beat until a batter is formed then add the milk mix well.
- Pipe the mixture into greased aluminium molds. Then place a crimped square of tin foil over to seal it.
- Steam at 100 C for 1 hour then leave to cool and tip out of the mold or if you are doing it on stove then steam them for 1 hour on boiling water but water should not touch the molds.
- To serve, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour some hot chocolate ganache on top and serve rasberry custard or creme anglaise with it. (Recipe Creme Anglaise)