Steamed Sponge Pudding Recipe
Steamed Sponge Pudding is in British most favorite desserts. This recipe is so perfect and easy. Trust me I have not eaten a delicate and beautiful dessert before. This is so light and yum. I am honored and thank full to have this recipe from my Chef lecturer Scott.
Follow the recipe as it is and you will know how perfect and delicious it is.
Serving : 6-7
- Caster sugar 5 oz
- unsalted butter 10 oz
- Eggs 3
- Plain soft flour 8 oz
- Baking powder 1/4 oz
- Milk 2 oz
- Lemon zest 1/2
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 by 1 until fully incorporated. Add lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a batter is formed then add the milk mix well.
- Pipe the mixture into greased aluminium molds. Then place a crimped square of tin foil over to seal it.
- Steam at 100 C for 1 hour then leave to cool and tip out of the mold or if you are doing it on stove then steam them for 1 hour on boiling water but water should not touch the molds.
- To serve, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour some hot golden syrup on top and serve creme anglaise with it. (Recipe Creme Anglaise)