Fish Biryani Recipe
Fish biryani recipe with step by step pictures – aromatic delicious biryani recipe made with fish, is best when served with a yogurt dip and fresh salad.
- Salmon 500-600 g
- Onion 1 big
- Tomato 200 g
- Yogurt 1/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp 1 tbsp
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Kewra water 1 tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Star anise 2
- Big cardamom 2
- Small cardamom 4
- Cloves 6-7
- Bay leave 2-3
- Cinnamon stick 1 small
- Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
- Green chili chopped 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp or as required
- Basmati rice 400 g
- Mint leaves 7-8
- Salt 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Boil a pan full of water with mint and salt 2 tbsp. Add in rice and boil until half done.
- Sieve it, throw all water. Set a side these rice.
- Wash and dry fish pieces. Rub 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice on them and marinate for 10-15 minutes
- Heat a frying pan with 1/4 cup oil. Shallow fry fish pieces.
- Fry until nicely cook. Then set a side.
- Now heat a pan with 1/4 cup oil. Add in 1 big sliced onion. Cook until brown.
- When onions are brown, add in all list 2 ingredients. Stir for 1 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and mix in.
- Add in yogurt and tamarind pulp.
- Add in 1 cup water , mix and let it cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Put fish pieces in gravy.
- Coat them in gravy and take out in a plate. This is because when we layer the biryani these pieces will not break.
- Now for layering. Layer all rice on gravy. Pour 1 tbsp kewra water and 1/2 cup milk on it.
- Place fish pieces on it with some chopped mint.
- Close it with a lid and turn the heat on high for 5 minutes. Then when you see steam inside, turn the heat very low and cook it for 10 minutes with close lid.
- Open and turn off the heat.
- Fish biryani is done.