Low-Calorie Meethi Seviyan Recipe
Low-Calorie/Healthy/Fat Free Meethi Seviyan. Meethi Seviyan is our Pakistani traditional sweet dish. Eid our festive occasion is incomplete without this sweet dish. Seviyan in English known as thin Vermicelli and semiyan in hindi they are like very thin spaghetti and used many different ways, making sweet and savory dishes.This is a quick dessert recipe that is done in less than 20 mins.
It’s Eid day but you are on your low-calorie diet. Make this easy, quick, guilt free just 220 calorie per serving meethi seviyan recipe and enjoy your day with your loved ones.
Meethi seviyan recipe with step by step photos – a sweet dessert made from seviyan ,almond milk, light brown sugar, cardamom, rose water and almonds.
In normal meethi seviyan recipe the first step is roast the vermicelli with clarified butter but I bought roasted vermicelli and I didn’t roast them in ridiculous amount of butter :).Usually these seviyan are made with water or whole milk but I used Almond milk instead. Because this is the lowest calorie healthy milk. For sweetness I used Light brown sugar. You can also use honey or maple syrup.
Check here the calorie count of this sweet dish.
Vermicelli per serving 30 g = 100 Calories
Almond Milk 125 ml = 16 Calories
Light Brown Sugar 15 g = 57 Calories
Almond flakes 5 g = 32 Calories
Sultans or Raisins 5 g = 15 Calories
Total = 220 Calories per serving
Serving = 2 persons
- Vermicelli/Seviyan 2 cups or 60 g
- Almond milk 1 cup or 250 g
- Light brown sugar 2 tbsp or 30 g
- Small cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
- Almond flakes 1 tbsp or 10 g
- Sultana or Raisin 1 tbsp or 10 g
- Kewra water 1/2 tsp
- Rose water 1 tsp
- In a pan add almond milk, light brown sugar and small cardamom powder.
- Let it boil and stir until sugar melts in.
- Now add vermicelli and cook on medium heat until its dry.
- Add in kewra water and rose water.
- Turn the heat low and with lid on cook it further 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish it with flaked almonds and sultans.
- Low-Calorie Meethi seviyan are done.