Learn how to make the Best-Ever Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting which will give you a light, airy frosting for all of your cakes and cupcakes.
Swiss meringue buttercream is a glorious thing to behold.The perfect silky texture.Holds its shape amazingly. So elegant, so beautiful. Swiss meringue buttercream I love it’s buttery taste and it is my most favorite buttercream in all.
This light and silky buttercream is not too sweet and beautifully stable at room temperature. It’s the perfect vanilla frosting for layer cakes, where it glides on effortlessly, but just as easily swirled over your favorite cupcakes, too. The finished product can be customized with a splash of extract, a drizzle of melted chocolate, a spoonful of peanut butter, concentrated fruit purees, or just about whatever you’re craving.
Serving : Good to cover a 6 inch round cake with some piped decorations on top or best for swirling on 12 cupcakes.
- Egg whites 150 g
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup
- Unsalted butter 450 g (room temperature)
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Icing sugar sifted 1/4 cup
- Over a double boiler, in a large metal bowl (your mixer bowl) whisk together the granulated sugar and the egg whites stirring constantly until the mixture reaches approximately 140 degrees F and the sugar grains have dissolved and are not longer gritty to the touch.
- Now with the whisk attachment whip it on high speed until it is thick, glossy and white in color. The peaks should be as firm as firm can be.
- Now switch to paddle attachment and start adding butter 1 tbsp at a time and keep beating.
- Do not add next butter until you see previous butter vanish in it.
- When all butter mix in it nicely add vanilla essence and 1/4 cup sifted icing sugar.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth
Learn how to make this beautiful cake (recipe here)
Try this beautiful Buttercream with this best vanilla sponge cake recipe