The soft and moist cake recipe for making vanilla sponge cake which is light and fluffy. It is best to go with all kind of butter creams and fresh cream or cream cheese coverings. This is my most favorite recipe for vanilla sponge. So if you are planning to make a cake for a birthday party or any other occasion, make this and cover it with your favorite buttercream or fresh cream or cream cheese icings and decorate as you like 🙂
Serving: This batter is enough for 2 round pans of 6 inch size.
- Eggs large 2
- Sugar 175 g
- Whole Milk 118 ml or 1/2 cup
- Unsalted Butter 56 g (4 tbsp)
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- All purpose flour 125 g
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- In the bowl of your mixer add eggs and sugar.
- Over a double boiler hand whisk and cook it until all sugar dissolves.
- Now on high speed whip it until ribbon stage.
- Combine milk and sugar, microwave it just under a boil, add in vanilla essence, mix well set a side.
- In eggs fold in lightly ,sifted dry ingredients.
- Now in milk mixture add 1 cup of this egg and flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add it back to remaining batter.
- Lightly mix it in.
- Put it in 2 round 6 inch well greased pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C.
- For 22-23 minutes.