Thai Cashew Chicken is my most favorite thai dish. There are 2 ways of making this, 1 with some sauce and 1 is dry. I like the dry version with lot of chilies, caramelized onions and crispy cashews. I am serving this with Thai fried rice (
Recipe). 1 thing this recipe is quite hot, so if you want it mild then add less chilies or skip bird eye chilies.
So lets see how I made this yummy Thai recipe.
Serving = 5-6
Chicken 600 g
Flour 3 tbsp
Raw unsalted cashews 400g
Oil for frying
Oil 1/4 cup
Garlic 10 cloves
Green onion 3
Red chilies 2
Green chilies 2
Bird eye chilies 10-12 (small thin chilies)
Light soy sauce 3 tbsp
Dark Soy sauce 1-1/2 tbsp
Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
White pepper 1/2 tbsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Chicken stock 1/2 cup
1. Cut chicken in cubes, add in 3 tbsp flour. Mix well.
2. Fry these chicken pieces and set a side.
3. Mix all list 2 ingredients and set a side.
4. Slice white onion, cut 1 inch long green onions. and I am using these chilies.
5. Slice garlic very thin. Cut chilies in long thin strips. do not cut bird eye chilies.
6. Heat a wok add 1/4 cup oil and cashews. Fry them until crispy. Take out and set a side.
7. Same oil add all chilies and stir fry for 1 minute. Take out , set a side.
8. Same wok and oil, add garlic and fry until changes its color.
9. Add in white and green onion. Stir for few seconds.
10. Add in fried chilies and all list 2 sauces we mixed above and stir on high heat for 1-2 minutes.Or until sauces are slightly thick.
11. Now add fried chicken and cashews.
12. Stir well on high heat. Taste salt, id you feel add some. But no need to add more salt because all sauces and chicken stock has already some salt in them.
Thai cashew chicken is done, serve with Thai fried rice. Thai fried rice (
Thai fried rice