Berry Delice Recipe
- Eggs 2
- Caster sugar 2 oz
- Cornflour 1 oz
- Plain flour 1 oz
- Egg whites 90 g
- Caster sugar 75 g
- Gelatin sheets 2-1/2
- Berry puree 125 g
- Double cream 125 g
- Berry juice 150 ml
- Caster sugar as required
- Gelatin sheets 1-1/2
- For Sponge Base: Beat sugar,eggs until triple in volume.
- Add sifted cornflour and flour.
- Fold lightly.
- Spread on a tray lined with parchment.
- Bake at 180 C for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut with cutter after cool.
- Place in round molds and soak with sugar water.
- For berry Mousse : Boil sugar with little water until reaches 118 C.
- Soak gelatin in cold water
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks.
- When sugar reaches 118 C, take off from heat add gelatin mix well.
- Whisking constantly add this to egg whites. Beat until cool.
- Semi whip double cream.
- When egg whites are cool fold them with berry puree then with semi whip double cream.
- Pour the mixture onto sponges in round molds and flatten them with pallet knife.
- Let them cool and set properly in fridge.
- For jelly topping: Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Add sugar in berry juice. Heat it but do not boil.
- Add in soaked gelatin , mix well and sieve it.
- Let it cool completely.
- Then pour over the set mousse.