Gurh Seviyan Recipe
Gurh Seviyan is a traditional Pakistani dessert recipe which is must on Eid day (Muslim’s religious festival). Our Eid day is incomplete without this sweet dish. Usually we make it for breakfast and enjoy it after Eid prayers. It is normally served warm and this is how it tastes best but you can also eat it cold.I make it always a day ahead of Eid day and reheat it at time of serving. Seviyan is thin wheat vermicelli you can find it at any Asian/Pakiatani/Indian store. Gurh is brown sugar.
- Seviyan/Thin vermicelli 1 bowl or 90 g
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Dark brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Kewra water 1 tbsp
- Rose water 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Flaked almonds as required
- Raisins as required
- In a pan add in sugar, brown sugar and 1 cup water. Cook it for almost 6-7 minutes. Sugar syrup is ready.
- Heat a separate pan, add in butter and melt it.
- Now add vermicelli and small cardamom powder, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now pour the prepared sugar syrup,rose water and kewra water on vermicelli and cook on medium heat until all moisture evaporates from it.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and raisins.
- Cover it with lid and on low heat cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Gurh Seviyan are done.