Honeycomb, also referred to cinder toffee, is a light, airy sweet made from sugar, golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda.
- Caster sugar 365 g
- Liquid glucose 140 g
- Water 110 ml
- Soda bicarbonate 1 tsp
- Place water,sugar,liquid glucose in a heavy based saucepan and place on low heat.
- Heat to dissolve sugar then turn up the heat on medium.
- Boil the mixture until the edges of the caramel turn to light golden brown colour then whisk in soda bicarbonate.
- Pour the mixture into a oiled bowl and leave to set.
- Do not move,bang or shake the bowl or it will collapse.
- When cool and set, break into large pieces.