Raspberry Souffle Recipe
Serving = 4
- Water 125 g
- Caster sugar 65 g
- Raspberry puree 250 g
- Cornflour 25 g (dissolve in little water)
- Egg white 150 g
- Sugar 90 g
- In a heavy based saucepan place the 65 g caster sugar and water and put on low heat until dissolve.
- Heat until the sugar reaches 121 C.
- Then pour into the raspberry puree.
- Bring this to a boil or until everything comes together.
- Then add cornflour mix with some water and again bring it to a boil whisking continuously.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover it with clingfilm directly on top of it. Leave it to cool.
- You can keep this in fridge for 2 weeks.
- To make the souffle ,place the egg whites in a bowl and began to whisk until aerated.
- Gradually add 90 g caster sugar bit by bit and keep whisking until a light meringue formed. Egg whites should not be stiff.
- Fold 1/3 of meringue into souffle mixture to lighten it then fold all with light hands so not to loose any air from it.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into greased and sugared ramekins.
- Then smooth the top with a pallet knife.
- Run your thumb around the edges of ramekins.
- Then bake them at 180 C for 15-20 minutes.
- When risen and have colour on top remove them from oven ,sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately with ice cream.