Homemade baked beans can’t compete with tinned on price but they win hands down on flavour. Why not have a go at making your own? I like my beans spicy and more flavorful, you can make them saucy or thick according to your choice. I made them with jacket potatoes but you can also serve them on toasted bread.
- Tomatoes 1 can 400 g
- Red kidney Beans 1 can
- Onion 1
- Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Paprika 1/2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Red chili flakes 1/4 tsp
- Heat a pan add 2 tbsp oil then chopped onion and garlic.
- Saute them until translucent.
- Add in canned tomato, throw water of canned red kidney beans then add in.
- Add in salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, red chili flakes.
- Give it 1 boil then let it cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add some water if you need it saucy.