A classic Victoria sponge cake with the easiest recipe, perfect for everyday baking and tea parties. You can make it ,cool nicely then cover with clingfilm and keep it airtight in a dry place on room temperature for almost 5-6 days. Fill it with your choice of filling at the day of serving.
- Unsalted Butter 300 g
- Caster Sugar 300 g
- Whole eggs 6
- Plain flour 300 g
- Baking powder 20 g
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Raspberry jam as required
- Whipped cream 1/2 cup
- Icing sugar as required
- Sift flour and baking powder 8 times.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until white and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and the eggs 1 by 1 mixing each time until incorporated.
- Now add flour in 2-3 batches and beat well. Do not over mix
- Divide the mixture into 2 tins of 8 inch size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and layer with jam and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.