Chocolate and Pecan Cookies Recipe
This is a simple cookie recipe with chocolate chips and pecans. You can make them crispy or chewy by reducing or increasing cooking timings. Best thing about them is you can freeze the dough for almost 3 months and bake them when you want. Like biscuits you should not worry of over mixing the dough.
You can make many different flavors with the same recipe by adding or taking out some ingredients. Like do not add pecans if you don’t like them. Add any other nuts. Add raisins or any spices of your choice.
Serving : makes about 12 big cookies
- Soft unsalted butter 90 g
- Brown Sugar 175 g
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Large egg 1
- Self-Raising Flour
- Salt a pinch
- Chopped Pecans 60 g
- Dark Chocolate Chips 45 g
- White Chocolate Chips 45 g
- Chop pecans.
- Add all list 1 ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer attached with a paddle attachment.
- Run the mixer first slowly then increase the speed and cream all ingredients together for almost 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped pecans, both chocolate chips and run it again for few seconds.
- Scrape half the dough out of bowl on a clingfilm.
- Make a roll shape, repeat with the remaining dough.
- Keep it in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out,cut and make small balls.
- Flatten the balls with the help of lightly wet hands.
- Keep on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175-180 C for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out sprinkle with some brown sugar if you want.