Very nice and flavorful mutton recipe.You can also make it with beef. Boiled meat with just 3 spices black pepper corns, cumin seeds and coriander. This is my mom’s recipe she made it on every Eid-al-Adha .
Serving= 2-3 persons
mutton with bones 500-550 gm
ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
tomato skinless 1
green chilies 2
salt 3/4 tsp or as required
cumin seeds 1-1/2 tsp
black pepper corns 3/4 tbsp
coriander seeds 3/4 tbsp
lemon juice 2 tbsp
fresh coriander for garnish
oil 1/8 cup
1. Dry roast coriander and black pepper corns.
2. Crush them in a grinder but not very fine.
3. In a pan add meat, skinless tomato, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds , green chilies cut in long slices and salt.
4. now with 1-1/2 cup of water cook it with lid until mutton is nicely tender but meat should not separate from bones.
5. when mutton is cooked, if it has some water dry it on high heat. Then heat 1/8 cup oil on tawa, keep meat on it ,stir it, and slightly brown it both sides of pieces.
6. Add some more oil if you want, and 1 more thing if you are making mutton more that this quantity ,cook it on tawa in 2-3 batches so that will equally brown from each side. Now sprinkle roasted crushed spices we made in beginning and sprinkle lemon juice. give it a final stir and turn off the heat, don’t cook it after adding spices because then spices will burn and all flavor will ruin.
sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with any yogurt dip.