Granary Bread Recipe
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes before first proving.
- Put salt and yeast at opposite sides in bowl.
- Water should be warm like tap warm water. If you use hot water then yeast will not going to work.
- I told you the water measurement but it can be slightly change because of different brand flours.
- If you do not have fresh yeast the use dried active yeast 1/2 oz. That is half of the amount of fresh yeast.
- Black treacle is for colour,if you don’t have it add in 1 tbsp sugar.
- You can also egg wash the bread before baking but I am just dusting it with flour.
- Strong White Flour 6 oz
- Granary flour 10 oz
- Salt 0.4 oz
- Fresh yeast 1 oz
- Black Treacle 2 tbsp
- Warm water 1/2 pint