English Shortbread Biscuits(Chocolate) Recipe
English Shortbread biscuits are all time favorite biscuits. This is chocolate shortbread recipe. Making them is so easy and quick if you follow some simple rules and tricks.
- They mix slowly and they cook slowly on lower temperature.
- Mix just until combine and crumbly type of texture.
- Rest it in fridge for 15-20 minutes before cutting biscuits.
- Use chilled butter.
- Don’t over work the dough. Do not roll it more than 2 times.
- Do not use excess of dry flour while rolling.
- You can keep this dough in fridge for almost 1 week.
Serving : Makes about 28-30 small biscuits.
- Plain flour 9 oz
- Cornflour 2 oz
- Caster Sugar 4 oz
- Salted Butter 8 oz
- Coco Powder 1 oz
- Add all ingredients in a bowl of a mixer attached with a paddle attachment.
- Run it slowly on speed 1.
- For less than 2 minutes or until mixture combines together and crumbly.
- Take it out. Make a ball and cover in clingfilm. Do not knead it. Make ball with light hands.
- Keep in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll it on a lightly floured surface to about 15 mm thick and cut with desired cutter.
- Again keep in fridge for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cook at 145-150 C (Low-Medium) for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- When out of the oven sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.