English Shortbread Biscuits Recipe
English Shortbread biscuits are all time favorite biscuits. Making them is so easy and quick if you follow some simple rules and tricks.
- They mix slowly and they cook slowly on lower temperature.
- Mix just until combine and crumbly type of texture.
- Rest it in fridge for 15-20 minutes before cutting biscuits.
- Use chilled butter.
- Don’t over work the dough. Do not roll it more than 2 times.
- Do not use excess of dry flour while rolling.
- You can keep this dough in fridge for almost 1 week.
- You can add any dry spices in it like cumin to give it a flavour.
- You can also add raisins in it. Soak them in hot water overnight. Throw the water in the morning, dry raisins nicely with a paper towel then use in it.
- You could also make chocolate shortbread biscuits (recipe here)
Serving : Makes about 28-30 small biscuits
- Plain flour 10 oz
- Cornflour 2 oz
- Caster Sugar 4 oz
- Salted Butter 8 oz
- Add all ingredients in a bowl of a mixer attached with a paddle attachment.
- Run it slowly on speed 1.
- For less than 2 minutes or until mixture combines together and crumbly.
- Take it out. Make a ball and cover in clingfilm. Do not knead it. Make ball with light hands.
- Keep in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll it on a lightly floured surface to about 15 mm thick and cut with desired cutter.
- Again keep in fridge for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cook at 145-150 C (Low-Medium) for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- When out of the oven sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer to a cooling wire.